Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
Las Olas Boulevard
is a popular thoroughfare in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United Statesthat runs from Andrews Avenue in the Central Business District to A1A and Fort Lauderdale Beach. The easternmost section of the boulevard is interlaced with canals and waterfront homes. The commercial stretch, approximately 1-mile (1.6 km) in length, features cool sub-tropical breezeways and courtyards with bars, nightclubs, bridal stores, shops, boutiques, art galleries, restaurants and the Riverside Hotel. The name "Las Olas" means "The Waves" in Spanish. The road once carried the designations of State Road A1A Alt. and State Road 842.
The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale, East Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale
The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale is an upscale shopping mall in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It was originally the Sunrise Center, an open-air shopping mall constructed in 1954, but was demolished except for the Jordan Marsh store (now Dillard's), and rebuilt as an enclosed mall. The Galleria opened in three phases, initially on November 11, 1980 with Burdines (now Macy's) and Saks Fifth Avenue (mostly now H&M and IWG), second in 1982 featuring Neiman Marcus, and lastly in 1983 with Lord & Taylor (partially now Powerhouse Gym and SeaQuest).
The mall is owned by Keystone Florida Property Holding Corporation and was managed by the Kravco Company and its successors Kravco Simon and Simon Property Group up until May 2012, when management was taken over by Jones Lang LaSalle.
1850 Eller Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
Port Everglades is composed of land within three municipalities, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale and Dania Beach and unincorporated Broward County. Port Everglades is a man-made seaport. The port was originally dredged from Lake Mabel, a natural body of water that was a wide and shallow section of the Florida East Coast Canal system.
Bonnet House Museum & Gardens, North Birch Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
Bonnet House Museum & Gardens
Bonnet House Museum & Gardens is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. The site was listed on the National Register of Historic places in 1984 and declared a historic landmark by the City of Fort Lauderdale in 2002.